Re: [oletrucks] Inside Door Window Garnish Moulding

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Inside Door Window Garnish Moulding
From: Stkcode <stkcode@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:23:06 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply.  Mine are not stainless, they
are painted on the viewable side and on the inside
where the felt was stapled is rusted.  Do you happen
to know if the windows from the 47 - 50 are the same
shape as the 51 - 53?  If so, I would like to just get
the ss mouldings, then notch them for the window vent?
 Just took a look and the seams fine.  One crack is
where the cutout is for the vent window.  Who ever
welded the crack got it too hot....it has turned color
and is britle.  It has a big bow where it was welded.
I would really like to replace them with the ss ones,
give it a nice polish to give it that nice chrome
look.  The truck is a 53 deluxe cab but is missing a
lot of interior trim....

Jon
Mod 53 3100 Deluxe

=====