[oletrucks] Transmission Leak Fixer

To: "Oletrucks \(E-mail\)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Transmission Leak Fixer
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsol.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 08:03:46 -0400
I have a 46 1/2 ton and have to squeeze in the pumpkin about 1/2 bottle per
month of Transmission Oil to keep it full.  I can not find 90 grade oil like
the manual states is needed.  I am using 85W-90 with a GL5 on the label.  Is
this ok to use? They also have 90W-140 but I was scared away by the 140.  I
have also found that I can purchase 35 lbs of 90W GL1 at WalMart for around
$20.00 - is this what I am looking for?

It is now dripping out the bottom a lot more since I have scraped off all of
the old grime and dirt.  I have looked at a few products like Stop Leak for
transmissions.  It states to help bring back the seals.  Is this worth a
try?

I can not figure out if it is leaking from the rear or front seal on the
pumpkin.  I am guessing that I could change the rear seal in an afternoon,
however changing the front seal could be more than I could do on mine own.
Has anyone completed this task - any hints?

Thanks,
NJJim