RE: [oletrucks] Re: Air Compressor

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Re: Air Compressor
From: "Mike " <passnb4u@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 22:1:35 -0700
----- Original Message -----

From: Bill
Broadway

To: Oletrucks

Sent: 6/3/01 6:59:13 PM

Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Re: Air
Compressor

  Sandblasting requires around 18 CFM minimum, to avoid having to
stop

  continuously to wait for the compressor to catch up.  Most
HVLP spray

  guns require around 10 CFM or more.  Don't get me wrong, you
can do

  these things with the Craftsman, but you will have to stop often,
and

  the compressor will be running all of the time, and building up

  moisture, which is death to sandblasting and painting.

Most of us aren't doing industrial blasting! The average guy on this
list

doesn't need to get a $500 compressor to do the things he needs to.

Bill

Bill,

  You're right, most don't need industrial tools to get the job done,
but Tim brings up some very good points.

 You just mentioned that you spent a weekend sandblasting your frame,
for comparison purposes, I borrowed a 500lb pressure pot, and used my Dad's
compressor (100gl tank, 5 HP 2stage compressor) and sand blasted his Transfer
trailors, frame on the trailor, and subframe on the tractor, in 5 hours.

  A good rule to keep in mind when making a tool purchase, is get the
most, the biggest, and the best you can afford the first time:)

--- Mike

--- passnb4u@earthlink.net