Re: [oletrucks] Turn Signal Switch Mystery

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Turn Signal Switch Mystery
From: Barrett Revis <snappydog@jackass.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:47:55 -0700
Dave,
Is your son's truck wired for six or twelve volts?  If it's six volt,
you'll need a six volt flasher.

It's my understanding that "they" have changed the specs on newer
12V flashers; the circuit in the flasher that lights the indicator
bulb used to be hot only when the switch was activated, now it is
always hot.

Isolating the turn signal from ground (by putting a strip of inner
tube between the column and hose clamp) does the trick (that's how I
did it).

Alternately, replacing the flasher with one that functions as the
older ones did might be a more optimum fix.
Try a #550 flasher  which is OEM for various foreign car
applications.

-- Barrett Revis, snappydog@jackass.net on 06/11/2001