[oletrucks] Brake Bleeding via compressor

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Brake Bleeding via compressor
From: "Jason E. Markel" <markel@webt.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 19:45:31 -0400
Just installed new brake cylinders, shoes, etc. on my '59 Chevy Truck.  The
truck still has the original master cylinder.  The question is, how do I
pressure bleed them?  For my other vehicle I have a special cap with a 1/4"
inlet on top.  Bleeds beautifully with 10-15 psi.  Anyone know where I can
get a similar device for this master cylinder?  I haven't seen one
advertised anywhere.  Alternately, does anyone know the thread size on the
brake cylinder cap?  I'll make a bleeding device if I can find a pipe or
something that would thread in there, but I don't know the thread size.  I
thought about using a new cap, drilling a hole, etc., but the one I have is
plastic.  Don't know if the original was metal or plastic.  I don't know
how well this would work on a plastic cap.

Your thoughts are, as always, most appreciated.

Jason
'59 Apache Short Fleetside
Sign-up for PayPal using me as your referral and get $5!
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=markel%40webt.com