[oletrucks] Wiring Harness

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Wiring Harness
From: "Antonio R. Tijerino" <antonio@innercite.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 23:33:01 -0700
I got my wiring harness from Chevy Duty, I think it is a well built harness,
but it has a couple of limitations.
1. The lengths of wire to the instrument panel are too short, they should
have left some slack.
2. Very difficult to insert harness for alternator conversion thru the
grommets, they should have left the alternator two-way plug socket out for
customer to install, this would have made the installation a lot easier.

Other than these two issues, it is a great harness for the price, I got it a
while back for $99.00.

I do have a couple of questions:

I got my headlight switch from LMC, it looks ok, but while connecting it to
the harness there was no contact/terminal for the dome light and the stop
light. There is another contact/terminal labeled AUX. right next to the
battery contact/terminal. Can I connect the dome light to this AUX or just
to the BAT. contact/terminal?, how about the stop light wire?

My alternator is a one wire alternator, the wiring harness has the red wire
that goes to the one screw lug terminal in the alternator and a two-way
plugin wire with a pig-tail coming out of the connector, according to the
instructions on the wiring harness it says to connect it to the "screw lug
terminal", is this referring to the same lug terminal?

Thanks,

Antonio,
'53 3100