[oletrucks] AD rear axle placement

Subject: [oletrucks] AD rear axle placement
From: "Mark A. Self" <mark.self@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 06:35:54 -0700
I'm putting a posi from a '79 TA under my Chevy '55 1st 1/2 ton 3100.  The
stock axle centerline is offset towards the front by about 2".  I remember
seeing mention on this list in the past about cenetering this by swapping
the stock springs end to end.  Is that right?  I couldn't find the thread in
the archives.  If I am hallucinating then what is the best method for
centering the new axle with the stcock springs?  Thanks in advance.

              Mark Self
     '55 1st 5 window 3100
            Redlands, CA
     mark.self@verizon.net