Re: [oletrucks] Brake Residual Valve Question

To: "Bill Bailey" <billb@gamewood.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake Residual Valve Question
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 19:04:11 -0700
Bill-

Their usually in the outlet ports of the master cylinder.  You can check for
the presence of the residual pressure valve in the outlet ports really quick
by taking a soft object and inserting it into the outlet port and noting the
presence of a spring loaded plunger "that's the residual pressure valve".
No spring loaded pressure ........no residual pressure valve.

The other block is usually just contains the proportioning valve / brake
warning plunger that turns on the dash brake light if one side of the dual
master cylinder goes out.

Joe