RE: [oletrucks] More Pictures- Rod Update

To: "BORDER,RYAN \(HP-FtCollins,ex1\)" <ryan_border@hp.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] More Pictures- Rod Update
From: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 13:31:04 -0500
Looking good, but one comment ... are you sure you want to go with a track
bar? This is taken from artmorisson.com.

Selection between the two most popular devices to augment a rear suspension
depends entirely upon the application. The Panhard Bar features a mounting
point on the rear end housing and another on the chassis. This poly-bushed
bar provides the required lateral stability without any chance of suspension
"bind" during cornering, and it  offers quiet operation. There are three
different type of Panhard Bars available from Morrison, including two
bolt-in styles that attach to the 3rd member or pinion support.

A diagonal link is used  to connect the front and rear of opposing bottom
4-link bars or lower ladder bar tubes to ensure rigidity and parallelism.
Spherical bearings are used to assure pinpoint precision and optimum
straight-line tracking. Under no circumstances should a diagonal link be
used in any  situation where cornering is probable.