Re: [oletrucks] 216 runs rough

To: "_Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 216 runs rough
From: "Rob J." <rjjmsj@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 09:25:51 -0700
Have you had the carb apart to check for anything in there (junk) that
shouldn't be there?  I had very same problems, turned out that there were
some pieces of flaked off varnish that was stuck in the jet...float level
was fine, but the junk was preventing a smooth flow of fuel.  What is the
condition of the fuel lines (rubber portions)...any chance they might be
weak and collapsing under vacuum?  When you say you've emptied the gas tank,
did that include pulling the sender and checking to see if there is a "sock"
on the pickup tube that might be clogged/restricted (not sure if this
applies to our trucks, but on other vehicles, can cause type of problem you
are experiencing).

Rob