Re: [oletrucks] do you smell fuel?

To: MLayton324@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] do you smell fuel?
From: Rick Warren <bluu55@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 18:26:35 -0700 (PDT)
 Mike, I had the same problem whenever I put gas in my '55 1st. Fumes were very
bad, and I would get a headache from them fast too! I finally found out that it
was the filler hose and the vent tube hose. They were both dry rotted, and when
gas would go through the filler hose it would get saturated and start dripping
on the floor! It is an easy fix! Just order the filler & vent hose from one of
the venders, and replace them. It's cheap and it will make your truck a whole
lot safer too!
Rick W.
'55 1st series 3100
White Heath, IL.
http://www.expage.com/oldbluu

.
  MLayton324@aol.com wrote: hey everybody-whenever i fill my gas tank up, i get
a pretty strong smell of
gas in the cab.it has always done this.is this normal or do i neeed to do
some exploring.this is on my 50 3100.oh,by the way,i have a couple new trucks
posted on the members page.i actually took one shot of all my project trucks
i think you will like.thanks as always.

mike layton
sumter,sc
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/