Re: [oletrucks] flushing out a 350

To: "Tom" <tomntam@earthlink.net>, "Oletrucks"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] flushing out a 350
From: "dpewter" <dpewter@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 10:32:53 -0500
I just performed this maintenance on my wife's 350.  Open up the radiator
drain spigot & put a hose in the radiator fill neck with just enough
pressure to overcome the draining flow rate (plus a little more; till the
filler runs over slightly) & run the car till the draining water is clear.
I used Prestone's flush liquid to help loosen everything in the system
first, though.  That's basically the directions they give you on the bottle.
i.e. you don't need to cut up your heater hoses to install their kit.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX