Re: [oletrucks] TH400 vs. 700R4 transmission

To: rcarlisle@home.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TH400 vs. 700R4 transmission
From: "???y ????a" <jcerniglia@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:09:26 -0400
I did an engine swap on my 84 S-10 years ago and I found
the 700R4 to help out alot with gas mileage because of
the overdrive. If you do use it you will need to set up
a vacume switch to operate the overdrive as the 700R4 uses
an electrical connection instead of traditional vaccume.
I think this is one reason for many people going with the
350 as it is a no frills easy install.

Jeff Cerniglia
1959 GMC Fleetside
1957 Chevrolet Belair 4dr