Re: [oletrucks] power brakes/master cylinder

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] power brakes/master cylinder
From: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 08:43:11 -0500
Brian,

     I think that several of us on the list would like to see what you did.
By all means, please take some pictures and let us know when they are
ready.  Delivery on a website or via email either one would be good.  Let
us see what you did! I have installed disk brakes up front, but have not
really decided what I will do about the master cylinder.

BobK
51 3600 5-window
Arnaudville, LA

                    "Brian _"

                    <pkupman57@hotmail.c        To:     kmm1024@hotmail.com,
camley@excite.com,
                    om>                         oletrucks@autox.team.net

                    Sent by:                    cc:

                    owner-oletrucks@auto        Subject:     Re: [oletrucks]
power brakes/master
                    x.team.net                  cylinder

                    07/16/01 12:57 AM

                    Please respond to

                    "Brian _"

i have a 57 chevy and i put a power brake booster and master cylinder and
pedal assembly in my truck on the firewall from an '85 camaro.
other than making the pedal slightly longer, and angleing it outward to
clear the floorboard at full pressure, it was a bolt in.
i "fixed" the pedal up in high school metal shop (when i was still in high
school, thos were the days, no worries, oh well, class of 2000 is a cool
title too) when i made the pedal longer, i cut it in the right place,
welded
in a peice of metal that was the same size all the way around, and notched
the sides of the cut so that i could put my weld in a channel, rather than
just having it sit on top of the seam. i also welded some 1/8" metal plates

to either side of the extention.
to make the angle more sever to clear the floorboard. i simply made a cut
that didnt go quite all the way though, then i bent the pedal to the proper

angle and welded in a triangle shaped peice of metal, again notched, and i
again welded 1/8 think plate to either side. after all my welds were
ground,
and the pedal wore a new coat of semi-flat black, it looked almost totally
stock (for the camaro).
if anyone would like pics of my install, email me and i will be glad to get

some pics and send them to you off-list.

Brian M
Atwater, CA
'57 Chevy 3200
'00 Dodge Neon