Re: [oletrucks] 3on the tree is broke.

To: "A.B." <bigfred@unm.edu>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 3on the tree is broke.
From: Robert.Heil@hellausa.com
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:46:02 -0400
Big Fred:

It ain't broke.
It's just Chevrolet's idea for a "cost reduction" right-hand arm rest!  The
padded "center console" concept was not necessary until automatic
transmissions were installed.

Bob Heil
'51 3600 in pieces

                    "A.B."

                    Sent by:                    <oletrucks@autox.team.net>

                    owner-oletrucks@auto        cc:

                    x.team.net                  Subject:     [oletrucks] 3on
the tree is broke.

                    07/19/01 12:15 PM

                    Please respond to

                    "A.B."

Hi all,
My 3 on the tree always slips out of 3rd.
Is it bad for the tranny to just let it keep on slipping because it's done
this forever and I just keep driving it.
Also, what kind of adjustments would it take to fix this? Provided it can
be adjusted, of course.
Thanks for the help.

I also wanted to thank everyone who helped me out with the A-arm bushings.
I did one side, but the other side I just took to a suspension shop. They
said they will do them for $20/arm. Kinda pricey, but worth my time I
think.
-alfie