Re: [oletrucks] battery drain

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] battery drain
From: NSurles@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 00:26:24 EDT
Deacon,

I once had a strange battery drain also.  I used the light trick (mentioned
in an earlier email) and pulled each wire off until I found it.  Turns out it
was a bad mast jacket bearing.  I think that's what it's called.  It is the
bearing at the top of the steering column that has the brass ring slider for
the horn button in the steering wheel.  I guess there was a small current
leakage through the side of the housing.

In any case, use a light and disconnect until you narrow it down.

Sonny
55 2nd