[oletrucks] ?'s about electric speedo hook up

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] ?'s about electric speedo hook up
From: RobXR250@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 01:28:34 EDT
I have a painless wiring harness with an 86 firebird steering colum in my 50
3100. I am working on installing a classic gauges 5 inch electric speedo. The
directions say to hook a wire from the spot on the ignition switch that is
hot when the key is turned back one spot(the "acc" position). I don't know
how this would be done with my setup. There is one terminal on the switch
that isn't hooked up with a wire when the plugs are plugged to the switch
though. I'm sure there are some of you that have a very similiar setup and I
would appreciate any help. I tried calling the tech line for the speedo but
it was constantly busy.

TIA,
Rob