Re: [oletrucks] Chasis Tech fron clip....

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Chasis Tech fron clip....
From: J Forbes <jforbes2@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:41:31 -0700
> Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 21:54:05 -0600
> From: "AKBurke" <ajkburke@msn.com>
> Subject: [oletrucks] Chasis Tech fron clip....
>
> I saw the article on the Chasis Tech front clip installation on a TF
> in Classic Truck and was intrigued. It somehow seemed more precise
> than a camaro/nova clip (what was appealing) and also offered a
> solution to the need for fabrication for the radiator and fender
> supports.  However, when I inquired about price I found it it was
> $1395 for a AD clip  which takes the front suspension pieces for the
> GM 'G' body cars...malibu/monte carlo/grand prix...($50 more to take
> the larger caprice/impala spindles/brakes).  I like the concept but
> the execution seems a little expensive. Why can't someone simply
> make/sell some boxing plates and a cross memeber to support this GM
> IFS geometry (like Heidt's et al does for the Pinto/Mustang II)...or
> does someone already do this??

The $1400 clip is what you wind up with when you try to make a simple
boxing plates and cross memeber to use the GM suspension stuff.  The
Mustang II suspension is very simple to mount, compared to the GM
suspension...because the MII geometry is quite different, the steering
is different, etc.

This is an explanation, not a solution, unfortunately.

Jim F
59s in AZ