Re: [oletrucks] radio question

To: S Culver <sculver@mcleodusa.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] radio question
From: Rick Warren <bluu55@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 18:02:25 -0700 (PDT)
 Smokey, I'm no expert, but when I owned a '54 3100 it had a radio, and even
though it did'nt work, when I would turn it on, it would get warm and smell a
little. Did'nt these old radios have tubes in them like the old TV sets of
yesteryear? I remember how the TV would smell hot all the time when I was a
kid. Just my obsevation. (2 cents worth).
Rick Warren
'55 1st 3100 (No radio)
White Heath, IL.
http://www.expage.com/oldbluu

  S Culver <sculver@mcleodusa.net> wrote: Thanks, Durwood- I bet you wouldn't
even want to see an ol' Texas boy get
bit by that much voltage!

I finally got ahold of the restoration guy, and he tells me that these solid
state vibrators have been causing problems. So back to the shop we go . . .
Anyway, it looks really good sitting in the dash.

Smokey