RE: [oletrucks] Car Show in Houston this weekend

To: "Jhouse" <jhouse@ccsol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Car Show in Houston this weekend
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:27:49 -0500
Definitely Texas Talk.  FM is a Farm to Market road.

Hierarchy is:
        I-10            Interstate Highway, just like other states
                        only better because they are in Texas
        US 77           U.S. highway, just like other states
                        only better because they are in Texas
        TX 249  State Highway, usually more than 2 lanes.
                        May be limited access.
        FM 2920 Farm to Market road.  Always paved.  Near
                        metropolitan areas usually more than 2
                        lanes.  FM 1960 in northern Houston
                        suburbs is 6-8 lanes wide and carries
                        big time traffic.
        RR 12           Ranch Road.  Same as FM except west of
                        I-35.  People in the country in the
                        western two thirds of Texas get upset
                        when you call them farmers.

Couldn't find any mention of car shows that week on San Antonio,
Boerne or New Braunfels (suburbs) web pages.  Maybe someone
else on the list has better information.