[oletrucks] Chevy292 ignition parts

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Chevy292 ignition parts
From: dph55 <dph55@pdq.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 16:01:39 -0500
I am trying to find part numbers for the engine that PO installed in my GMC.
It is a 1966 Chevy 292. I am looking for distributor cap, rotor, points,
condenser, and spark plug numbers for it. The parts people can't seem to find
a 1966 school bus in their books (which is what the engine came out of) and
when I make up something like a 1-1/2 ton truck they still cant find squat.
   On another note last weekend was an interesting one. Took the ol truck out
for a little pleasure ride. After the first stop, the starter shot craps. Got
a push and started right up. Another 1/2 mile the ignition died. Waited for my
son with truck and tow strap when tow truck couldn't be  had. while making a
turn behind my son the right front brake hose blew out. Waited another 2 hours
for a no show tow truck. Finally made it to the local parts house and got a
hose and fluid and went back and installed and bled the system in the Kroger
parking lot. It only took me five hours to get home. Ah the things we do to
enjoy these ole trucks!

Dave Handley
51 GMC 5 window
Houston, TX