RE: [oletrucks] BillyBob Update: Main Wiring Harness

To: "Larry R. Kephart" <vpa@laroke.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] BillyBob Update: Main Wiring Harness
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:27:22 -0600
Keep the BillyBob updates coming.  Great reading.

Before you spend the money on the sender for the gas tank make sure that
is what you need.  Remove the wire from the sender at the tank and
connect it to a good ground.  If the gauge still reads FULL you have a
wiring problem back towards the gauge.  If it now reads EMPTY,
re-connect the wire to the sender and then make sure the sending unit is
grounded.  The best way is to remove one of the screws holding the
sending unit to the tank, clean up to bare metal under the screw and run
a wire from beneath the screw to a good ground.  Try the gauge again.
If it reads FULL go ahead and replace the sending unit.  If not, you
just had a bad ground to the tank.