Re: [oletrucks] bracket for alt.

To: "oletruck" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] bracket for alt.
From: "steven stuckmeyer" <slstu@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 06:45:50 -0600
 I have a 235 in my '51 Chevy and put in a 12 volt alternator. I was getting
ready to make some brackets and found that the aftermarket chrome 350 Chevy
brackets at Autozone work great. I ovaled the forward mount hole on the lower
bracket and it mounted in the original holes and lined up with the pulleys. I
cut off about 4"-6" from the top bracket drilled a hole/cut a spacer to match
and off to Napa for a belt. Works great and chrome too, it matches the only
other chrome piece on the engine; the coil bracket...someday.