[oletrucks] Air Compressors

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Air Compressors
From: "Marvin H." <dugout63@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:41:22 -0800 (PST)
Kyle and Alfie,

I too am looking to purchase an air compressor for my
build and appreciate your input. I had my sights set
on an inexpensive twin cylinder (single stage)
compressor but after talking with some friends who
have done some sand blasting , they assured me that I
would be much happier with a two stage unit.

Their reasoning mirrors yours; cfm is what I need.
It's uncanny that I was just talking with them a
couple of days ago, just before I was going to buy the
single stage. Now I see your discussion and have
convinced myself, and my wife (money manager), that I
need a two stage. I don't want to be unsatisfied a
year or two down the road and have to fork over
another wad to upgrade.

I have found some reasonably-priced models in the
$800-$900 range that would suit me fine. Does this
seem about right? Do you know of a place that is
selling a factory refurbished two stage model? I found
one that sells these types of compressors but they
only have  twin cylinder at this time.

Kyle, did you buy yours from a business or an
individual. I don't need as much as what you have but,
if you got it from a business, maybe they have
something I would be interested in.

Thanks again.

Also, thanks to all who gave me the information on the
clutch head screws and info for my doors rebuild. I
have since found where to get the drivers and my money
manager says I will get them for Christmas. Whoo-Hoo!

Marvin
'51 1/2 ton 3100