[oletrucks] Bear Claw Latches in AD's

To: <Oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Bear Claw Latches in AD's
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 08:32:00 -0800
Hi,

Someone was asking about the installation of the Bear Claw Latches in the
AD's last week and I finally had a chance to take a look at one of the truck
yesterday.  On the jam side I ended up just taking out all of the factory
indentation.  So the jam side is just flat with the striker pin bolted to
the jam.

On the door itself, I cut out the area in the factory location, re-installed
the glass vertical guide, placed a thin spacer to the back of the bear claw
mechanism to assure clearance with the vertical guide.  With the metal face
plate "additional cost with kit" attached to the latch I had to make up some
top and bottom pieces of metal to slope out to meet the face metal.  So, yes
the latch does stick out from the stock door inner side "kind of like the
factory does" but a lot more.

If you'll cut out the door area and install the latch mechanism with a
spacer behind it you'll find out exactly how much of a spacer you'll have to
make.

Joe