Re: [oletrucks] 1941-46 1/2 ton

To: gmerritt@netins.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1941-46 1/2 ton
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 16:15:42 EST
    Glen,
 Try looking closer to home, (assuming you still live in IA.) I bought my '58
in NE. There are lots of trucks (and cars), in NE., SD.,ND.,MT.,WY.  I have
been in that part of the country many times and seen many , "diamonds in the
rough", just sitting around waiting for a new owner to come along. Most of
these diamonds can be picked up for under $500 - $700. If your truck is that
badly rusted, I think you should look for a different truck to restore. If
you try restoring your truck, you will be spending a lot of time, money and
maybe your sprits, on a project that may never reach your ideals. Start with
a truck thats mostly there, and your money and sprits will go a lot farther.
Good luck with what ever you do.
                                                             Pat Hollister
                                                             '58 step
                                                             West Burlington,