[oletrucks] Engine Removal, etc

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Engine Removal, etc
From: "Bob Chansler" <rchansle@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:54:16 -0700
I need to remove the engine from my 49 Burb to fix the floor, cowl panels
and toeboard. Looks like there are 2 bolts in the front, 4 bolts holding on
the tranny and engine mounts at the back. the back looks like I could
remove the mount from the frame with the engine, or leave the mount and
unbolt the engine. Is this correct so far? Whats the best place to attach
the engine hoist chains? Are the manifolds strong enough to wrap a chain
around them?

I'm going to be putting in a small block with an automatic, probably a
TH350, but maybe a 700R4. Do the automatics fit under the stock sheetmetal?
I see Bitchin' Products sells replacement  panels with a hump in the
toeboard and matching humped tranny  cover. Will I need to use one of these
for the automatics? I prefer the stock panels as all the holes are in the
right places.

Lastly, anyone want a 216 engine and a 3 speed? The only thing I know about
the engine is that it is not frozen.
I live about 35 miles north of Denver. You'll have to come get it if you
want it.

Bob Chansler