[oletrucks] 58 Air Canister?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 58 Air Canister?
From: Fred Juch <fjuch@austin.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:40:46 -0600
There appears to be an air vacuum canister under the front left fender of
my new (old) truck. There is a leaky vacuum hose going to it. There is also
a small vacuum splutter going from the carb (2 barrel 235 6 cylinder) to
this canister and the wipers.

The question is this canister original? Is it to help the wipers? And is
this connector a special valve to help the wipers work better? In either
case I cannot find any info about it in my 1958 Chevy truck shop manual.

Thanks for your replies,

Fred Juch

P.S. I'll ask about the oil filled air filter arrangement later on.

Fred Juch
Email :    fjuch@austin.rr.com
Phone :   (404) 648-9799 Work <-Finds me anywhere
Phone :   (512) 310-2700 Home
1706 Walsh Dr.
Round Rock, TX 78681-1434