[oletrucks] 57 Leaf springs-Tough ride

To: oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 57 Leaf springs-Tough ride
From: CHANDNE@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 17:07:58 EST
I have a 57 that I thought was a 1/2 ton, the ride is tough and I was
wondering if the 3/4 tons had more leaf springs than the 1/2 tons. I want to
lower the truck a bit and smooth out the ride, anyone have suggestions on the
removal of two or three leafs all the way around or is that not a good idea?
I dont do any real hauling with it, just want to enjoy it a bit more. Also,
if I remove a couple of leafs from the front will that effect or make me have
to change any of my steering components?   Thanx neal