Re: [oletrucks] Vehicle Scrapping Legis.

To: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Vehicle Scrapping Legis.
From: "Bob Chansler" <rchansle@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 15:52:13 -0700
The current issue of HotRod magazine (I just got this yesterday) has a
mention of this in one of its columns. Sen Daschle is pushing for this
legislation. HotRod mentions the Senate Bill number that this is in. I can
get the bill number if anyone is interested.

Bob Chansler

                      "Bob KNOTTS"

                      <raknotts@qwest.net        To:       "oletrucks"
<oletrucks@autox.team.net>
                      >                          cc:

                      Sent by:                   Subject:  [oletrucks] Vehicle
Scrapping Legis.
                      owner-oletrucks@aut

                      ox.team.net

                      02/06/2002 01:40 PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Bob KNOTTS"

I think those who believe that this legislation either doesn't exist or
doesn't pertain to old trucks are in denial. Please see
;http://energy.senate.gov/general/whats_new.htm If this is a hoax, somebody
is
putting in a lot of effort on it.Go to page 152, section 803, (Adobe
acrobat)
and you won't see any mention of only performance cars. It includes light
trucks over 15 years old. Or you could cheat and check with your senators.
remember seeing mention of this type of legislation 4 or 5 years ago.
Before
you dismiss this as nothing to worry abt, I'd strongly suggest you actually
check for yourself , rather than listen to your neighbor discounting it.The
only good thing I can see abt this legislation is that the vehicle is
required
to be running to be eligible.  Bob K in PHX, AZ