[oletrucks] DOOR SKINS

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] DOOR SKINS
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:40:43 EST
  Am I missing the boat, or just looking in the airport hanger for a boat. I
have looked though all the supplier mags., web sites, and any source I can
find, but NOBODY sells door skins or repro doors for our trucks.  My '58's
doors are rust free, but one has a very big dent in it, the other one the p/o
used a pair of vise-grips to the front edge of the door to fine tune the gap
between the door and fender. These could prob. be fixed by a pro body shop,
but I thought it would be faster/cheaper to reskin or replace the doors. I
really dont want to buy a used door without being able to see it in person.
(they might be worse than what I have now). Does anyone know where I can get
a repro door or door skins ? The damage to my doors is too high for the patch
panels in most magizines.
                                           Thanks for your time,
                                                 Pat Hollister
                                                 '58 step