[oletrucks] Clutch/brake pedal bushings

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Clutch/brake pedal bushings
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 19:50:57 EST
Well, I got my new pedal bushings from Jim Carter.  After an hour, I had the
pedal out on the bench.  I'd guess it has been 50+ years since greased.  As
someone else on the list told me, the bushing pressed nicely into the pedal
arms, but must be reamed to fit on the shaft!  I hate to go buy a dial
indicator just to measure this shaft, does anyone know the correct diameter
of the shaft the pedal bushings must fit on?  FYI, my bushings were toast,
but the shaft is not too bad, dirty and some rust but it cleaned up nicely.
Help, I need this measurement.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX