Re: [oletrucks] Exhaust Manifold

To: fjuch@austin.rr.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Exhaust Manifold
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:24:54 EST
In a message dated 3/17/02 9:09:29 PM Central Standard Time,
fjuch@austin.rr.com writes:

<< The question is, since I live in warm territory is this flapper necessary?
 Or should I just replace the whole thing with headers. >>
Fred,
   You are right, the flapper is for cold starts, to help running especially
in cold damp weather.  In a warm climate, it is not as improtant as up north.
 Mine is also frozen (open) and here in north Texas it is not a problem.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX