[oletrucks] Front end swap

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Front end swap
From: "R.Oliver" <rtoliver@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:12:22 -0800
  On my 1949 GMC I used the complete front
crossmember from a 1977 Pacer(use the front end
from a 6 cylinder model,much lighter springs on
the 4 cylinder),gives you independent suspension
and disc brakes.I  used the rear end from a 1979
Lincoln Versaille,also disc brakes and the bolt
pattern is the same for both front and rear(
Ford 5x41/2 )I have changed the pumpkin in the
Versaille rear end,it came with 250 gears I went
to 389 posi.I don`t think the overdrive in my
700r would work too well with 250 gears but
would be a great gear ratio for a 235.A kit is
available for the Pacer front end swap,forget
exactly where I got it but was around
$100USD.The rear end bolts up to the original
springs.Somewhere on the net is an article on
the front end swap,maybe the archives.just not
sure exactly where.these are both an easy
install and all the parts are still
available.Ping me off the list for further info.
           R.T.Oliver  `49 GMC