Re: [oletrucks] Front Clips (711/2 frontend)

To: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Front Clips (711/2 frontend)
From: "Jay Baker" <jaybaker@ruralnetwork.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 10:15:17 -0700
While on the subject i just got a 71 1/2 Chassis has anyone ever used this
front end on an AD or Art Deco truck before. it's about 30 inches across on
frame rails on the 71 and the (38) is about 29+ looks like it would work my
biggest concern is there is a pretty big hump in the frame rails on the 71
1/2 . I want to retain my frame so i have all the body mounting holes etc
while gaining IFS and diskbrakes and power steering and a V8 motor mount
setup to boot it i don't use the 235 as originally planned. I can also use
the rearend looks like a cost effective way to go if it will work. I also
got the power steering box and pump and power brake booster. looks like with
a little shimming etc would make a real nice setup and it has the strength
for a truck.