[oletrucks] AD on 4x4 chassis

To: "OLE-CHEVY-TRUCKS" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] AD on 4x4 chassis
From: "Lyle Castens" <redsfast@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 21:34:25 -0500
I know there have been a number of discussions on converting an AD onto a
4x4 chassis...

I'm personally not interested for myself, but I thought I'd let the list
know of an opportunity for your consideration.

In the Kennesaw, GA (NW metro Atlanta) area is an earlier 5-window AD
(didn't really pay too much attention to year - but it does have turn-down
handles, so 51 or older) that is sitting on a 4x4 chassis with "for sale"
painted on it...  I did a real quick stop-and-look, and here's a bit of info
for those who might be interested.

No one was home when I stopped to look, (and I was in a hurry, myself, so
this is only a 5-minute inspection)...
No phone number was shown anywhere either...  I'd be happy to get that phone
number for any who might be interested, just ping me off list...

Looks like a late-model Tahoe 4x4 chassis, including front suspension and
rear end... frame looks "trimmed-to-length" on the tail end...  Probably
Tahoe wiring harness "roughed" in...  Looks like 700R4 tranny with transfer
case laying in engine compartment... NO ENGINE...  NO GLASS...  NO steering
column...  NO seat...  Cab floor (in my opinion) is trashed, like it was cut
and "peeled" back from firewall to mid-seat, probably for engine/tranny
clearance (it maybe ??? could be "un-peeled" and rewelded)...  MISSING
passenger rear fender and tailgate...  probably original bed wood, very
rotted...   Bed rails repairable, no noticable major body damage...
"Normal" rust (I didn't look real close, but it's rust is less than what I
started with on my 53, 3-window)...  I'm probably forgetting some other
stuff, but I can check again, on your request...

My interest was only in the 5-window cab (until I saw the floor), and the
grille and headlight chrome...  Don't know if he'd part it out or not, but
the way it's sitting by the road, I'd doubt it...  Unless it doesn't sell
soon - and then I got dibs on the chrome...

Zach Castens
53 rod-storation... running great, looks like "jacob's coat of many
colors"...