Re: [oletrucks] 1955 first rear end.

To: "Wayne Osborne" <wayne@chevytrucks.org>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1955 first rear end.
From: "Jay Baker" <jaybaker@ruralnetwork.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 10:56:23 -0600
I have a 87 Toyota (6 lug Chevy Pattern) I was thinking of using in my 38
1/2 but it's too Narrow about 58 inches BP-BP if i remember Right it would
fit springs i think but would intefer with Toyota E brake setup this may not
be an issue in you application.  another good option is a mid 80/s 4x4
Blazer or PU just make shure there is no offset in the third member.
Sompeople Cringe when it comes to putting Foreign Parts in your truck but
hey whatever works I say.
 I think Maybe and entire Toyota Frame Chassis might be worth exploring as
it give you 6 lug as original and disk brakes maybe even power steering.
Mine is 4x4 not shure if 2 wheel drives have same 6 lug pattern or not. Just
an idea Don't shoot the Messenger.