RE: [oletrucks] Air conditoner condensor installation

To: "rkinas" <rkinas@ctinet.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Air conditoner condensor installation
From: Thomas Allen <thallen@nwlink.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:26:27 -0700
The one-ton and bigger trucks did not use these braces. Instead, the whole
front sheetmetal assembly was mounted at the center of the radiator hoop
with a couple of little springs under the retaining nuts. That way the
frame could flex under the front fenders without stressing them. You could
remount the front end as per the big trucks and eliminate the cross
bracing. Instructions I got for condenser installation said mount it within
1/4" of the radiator for best airflow. My experience shows you'll need all
the airflow you can get.

Tom Allen
51 3800

At 04:54 PM 4/10/02 -0400, rkinas wrote:
>The cross braces keep the front fenders square, I would NOT cut these
>out. Instead drill four holes, probably about 2 inches below the
>radiator support holes. Use long bolts with 2"-3" standoff washers to
>provide clearance in front of the cross braces.
>
>Richard kinas

Tom Allen
Seattle, WA