[oletrucks] windshield on deluxe cab installation/defroster vents

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] windshield on deluxe cab installation/defroster vents
From: "kmm 1024" <kmm1024@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:13:48 -0700
Whats the easiest way to install the windshield on a deluxe cab (with the
stainless trim) on a '53?  Do you put the glass in the rubber first, then
put it in the cab, then install the stainless?  I noticed the stainless has
a lip on the end that goes into the rubber.  Seems like it would be hard to
push in once the glass is in it and its in the cab.  Is regular hand soap a
good lube?

Also, how do the defroster vents go in the dash?  I got the side that has
the clip on the right side of the defrost hole in the dash, and the other
side has a hole for a sheetmetal screw, but the vent only has a large oval
slot?  Do you put a sheetmetal screw going down, but then how does that hold
the vent up? thanks