[oletrucks] Like some info on C clip removal 87 10 bolt rear end

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Like some info on C clip removal 87 10 bolt rear end
From: Chpmopar@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:57:14 EDT
I took the beast in because the axle seal was leaking.  Winston Tires took
the right rear axle out and found a groove in the axle shaft.  They wanted
$400 for a new axle and would not install the axle I brought in to them.
This they informed me after I went and took one out of car at U- Pull It.
They put the car back together with the old axle and I drove it home.  Now I
have the car up on jacks and the drivers side C clip out but the passengers
side with the bad bearing refuses to be pushed in so I can get the Clip out.
Is their a special positon for them to be in?   It has some kind of S or Z
thing in the center where the pinion shaft goes thru.  The car (taxi) I got
the new axle from didn't have this S plate (the axle had been replaced in
this car previously) in there and both C clips fell right off when I pulled
the pinion shaft out and pushed the axles in.

Thanks

Dennis Larson