Re: [oletrucks] Finally on the road.

To: "Old Truck List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Finally on the road.
From: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:41:46 -0700
I believe your panel would have come stock with a sway bar on the front
axle.  I added one (patterned after the panel design) to my 50 pickup and it
handles as nice as a 50+ year old truck can around a corner with stock
suspension (noticeable difference between no bar and adding).  I purchased
the bar (and mounting hardware) new for $175 about 5 years ago or so and it
seems to be of good quality.  Many vendors have them if you want the stock
reproduction.  You might just try the front to see how much "correction" you
can achieve, and then add the rear if you want some extra...?

Allen in Seattle
'50 3100