[oletrucks] Strange gaskets: glovebox & hood emblem

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Strange gaskets: glovebox & hood emblem
From: "kmm 1024" <kmm1024@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:45:09 -0700
I have two gaskets that I'm wondering if they were used originally.  Is
there susposed to be a gasket behind the glove box lock on a '53?  Or what
about behind the front hood emblem?  These are available from vendors such
as Chevy Duty, but I'm not sure if they're just meant to be used not to
scratch your paint or if they're original.  I've never seen them on original
trucks.