Re: [oletrucks] 1939 Chevy School Bus

To: <MRICHAGANG@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1939 Chevy School Bus
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:34:47 -0500 (US Eastern Standard Time)
Might try a GMC manual, pretty hard to find much on any old truck, big or
small before late 40's. Most of the p/ups just used the car manuals in 30=
's.
May have to look for some kind of "comercial" book. Go to www.motorbooks.=
com
(I think) for Motorbooks International, they have books on big trucks and
commercial stuff with lots of pix. For all brands in one book with a litt=
le
history maybe. Also check there list for shop manuals. Keep in mind the G=
MC
ones will have a diff engine, the trans and chassis should be about the s=
ame
 OR, even the later 41 to 47 chassis for Chevs will be about the same for
the most part, same brakes, engine, driveline, etc. I'm curious, why woul=
anyone Want an old schoolbus?? Why not a flatbed or dump truck? Something
more useful? Go to www.housetrucks.com for a neat look at what others hav=
done to old bus and truck chassis to make into homes, mostly wood, but
crafted neatly.=0D
Good Luck! =0D
                    G. L. Perry=0D
=0D