[oletrucks] Installing distributor

To: oldchevytrucks <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Installing distributor
From: Ronald Smiley <smilin_ron@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 15:13:32 -0700 (PDT)
List:  I have been trying for a couple of days to
install a distributor in a rebuilt 235.  I have the
ball bearing lined up on the pointer, the manual says
to parallel the spring clips with the engine and have
the rotor at ninty degrees.  As the distributor goes
in to rotate clockwise slightly.  On one of the
forums, someone says to put the rotor at the five
o'clock position.  I have tried both of these.  The
distributor goes down to the first groove in the
shaft.  I don't believe it is down far enough for the
oil pump shaft to hold it out.  In looking at the
picture, in the assembly manual, electrical section,
the number one plug wire is shown at the six o'clock
position of the distributor.  In both of the above
attempts the rotor ends up past the six o'clock
position.  Any help is appreciated.
 Ron
53 3100
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience