Re: [oletrucks] ball stud removal and driveline alignment

To: Grant.Williams@kirtland.af.mil, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] ball stud removal and driveline alignment
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 12:40:06 EDT
In a message dated 5/23/02 8:23:17 AM Central Daylight Time,
Grant.Williams@kirtland.af.mil writes:

<< I have been trying to get my enclosed driveline and bell connector to mate
up with the transmission output.  I'm using a GMC 270 CID inline with a 52 4
speed and stock (except for rebuild and 3.55 gears) rear end.  The problem is
the drive shaft yoke center seems to be about 1/2 to the right of the
transmission yoke center where the u-joint joins the two.   >>

How do the rear spring perchs and spring eyes look?  Excessive wear on one
side or the other will not allow good alignment.  How about the brackets
where the rear mounts to the springs?  Are the bushings in good shape?

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX