[oletrucks] TF brake adjustment

To: "napco4x4@yahoogroups.com" <napco4x4@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] TF brake adjustment
From: larry jones <lajones@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 13:57:06 -0600
    This is probably a very elementary question, but I have never been
sure about it. When adjusting drum brakes on a Task Force truck, the
instructions say something like: adjust until a slight drag is felt and
then back off seven notches on the adjuster. Since my drums have been
turned, I think they should be fairly round, but I hear a dragging noise
that is intermittent. The shoes are starting to make contact only on
part of the drum. I guess what I am not sure about is what is "slight
drag" versus something else. Should I ignore the sound and wait until I
start having trouble rotating the wheel? Any ideas would be very
welcome. Thank you

Larry Jones.
58 GMC NAPCO Carryall