[oletrucks] Side mount spares

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Side mount spares
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 21:04:55 EDT
Was out on a Sunday drive (actually Saturday) with the wife when I spotted a
'54 or '55 1st 3100 along the road.  It was an older rodstoration with mag
wheels and faded orange paint.  As I was looking it over, something caught my
eye as different.  It had side mount spare tires on both sides.  the drivers
side appeared to have a factory fender recess and bracket for the tire, while
the passenger side was home spun.  The bondo used to finish the fender had
some cracks giving away the secret.  The tire mount was homemade, but looked
much like the drivers side factory unit.  I'm not a fan of the side mount
spare, but the "twins" looked very unique.  Anyone else seen one before?
Sorry, no pics.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX