Re: [oletrucks] Reproducing GMC turn signal ass'ys...

To: 59gmc@bigriverbroadcasting.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Reproducing GMC turn signal ass'ys...
From: john j tonyes <flfox1@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 22:16:35 -0400
I make molds and reproduce a lot of plastic items.  Contact me off line.
John T.
On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 21:14:44 -0500 "Greg O. Pace"
<59gmc@bigriverbroadcasting.com> writes:
> Has anyone tried making a mold and reproducing the GMC signal
> assemblies?  I
> see this site has an example or two of a their process that would
> probably
> work perfectly for this:
>
> http://www.alumilite.com/default.cfm?Action=view&ID=4
>
> I scrounged one chipped assembly from a big GMC today and might take
> a shot
> at using this old piece as a prototype.  If someone has a nice set
> from
> which molds could be made (it won't damage the originals), there
> could be
> quite a few folks that would take a set.  The mold and casting
> materials are
> pretty cheap, and the process looks simple.
>
> I don't know about anybody else, but I'd pay 50 bucks a side for a
> nice
> reproduction.  Once a mold is made, it should only cost a couple of
> bucks to
> make.
>
> Anybody want to start a side business?
>
> GOP
> 1959

John Tonyes, 8460 Tom Costine, Lakeland, Fl. 33809, 863 859 0878
USS TELFAIR APA 210, COORDINATOR
SEE YOU IN: ORLANDO, FLORIDA  flfox1@juno.com
OCT. 4,5 & 6, 2002   SMOOTH SAILING