Re: [oletrucks] what insurance company to use?

To: redd9491@msn.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] what insurance company to use?
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 21:27:18 -0500
Rob:

This may sound unusual, but have you tried State Farm?  I have my homeowners
and other 2 vehicles insured with them and when I asked if they would insure
my truck ('56 Chevy Stepside), they said yes and gave me a very good rate.
The truck is not my daily driver (I only drive in reasonable weather), they
insured it for the purchase price I paid (<$12K), and agreed to raise the
policy value as long as I had proof (receipts) of the money I spent on
improvements.  In the winter I reduce the coverage to non-driving (storage)
coverage.  I haven't had a claim on this vehicle, but they've been excellent
on homeowners and a windshield claim I had last year.  I'm not sure that
because you own a 'classic' you have to go with specialty insurers.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL