[oletrucks] Pinion going

Subject: [oletrucks] Pinion going
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:53:26 -0700
Yesterday I crawled under my 55 1st series suburban to locate the growling
noise it has developed.  I determined that the pinion bearing is gone.  Its
not the universal, its definitely the pinion that is moving around.

I know I have a number of options, but since I wanted to change axel ratios,
it seems the best answer is to swap another axel under the truck.  The
questions is what.  I know I've seen a web site that listed various options,
and the pros and cons of each, but now that I need it, I can't find it.  Can
anyone point me to that site, or perhaps tell me what they used, and why it
was a good/bad choice?

I'd sure appreciate any ideas.

steve@oldsub.com